Thursday, November 5, 2009

simple things

Sometimes life is just the simple things, no great epiphineys...just the every day simple stuff.

I was reminded the other day of this meal we used to have when I was a kid. It was simple. And I loved it. The basic menu was BLTs with toast. For some reason we always had it with maccaroni and cheese. I think I remember at that time, I did not like the LT, so would just put the B on the toast (cut in half) and then actaully put the maccaroni and cheese on it. So good. And somehow we decided to add maple syrup to the mixture...it's just like ketchup, right? Only not. :) I am not sure how we even came up with that or if we were having some other leftovers on the same night and syrup was on the table and we decided to give it a try, perhaps; no one in my family can remember who started it. I think it was my sister. She thinks it was me.

Regardless, it is good. Try it and enjoy the simple things. Let me know what you think? And let me know if you have any random-simple-stuff-menu-memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment