Sunday, June 20, 2010

"Deeper Stuff" or is it?

So, over the past few weeks I’ve been on-the-go a lot, but also have had a lot of time to reflect, usually in just short statements or questions that come to me. (I know I need to be better about carrying a small journal with me, but I’m not yet there yet).

These little short reflections have cause me to ponder…is it because of social networking technology that are thoughts have become short and incomplete or …is it that we are already at a place of fast-pace living and technology has given us the opportunity to quickly put these thoughts out there?

I just feel like lately as I’ve had some time to reflect while traveling…also while at times being unconnected from those technologies, both intentionally and unintentionally, the reflecting pieces that come to mind are just a short statement, reflection, or internal status update. But then it freezes and there is nothing more substantial to go on with it. Some of them I think would be great conversation starters or writing topics, but for right now they are just thoughts that are out there. And maybe that is just it…maybe it’s time to get back to the basic root of being in conversation with one another and exploring those half-statements….I think it’s called something like…having a cup of coffee together or going on a walk…or just dropping by and hanging out and being in the presence of others.

So, I guess my next blog update will either be an update of those half-statement realities in exploration…or, a list of status updates…or, perhaps one of the topics explored in greater depth….or it might just be an update on the time-out that I need to take from the world of on-line communities. And you might find me instead waiting for you at a cup of coffee or showing up on your door step.

No comments:

Post a Comment