On the dawn of the week of which its end will bring the completion of a milestone, as I was driving today this thought hit me about commitment. Some people call it vision. Others call it follow through or resilience. But all of those would be way over credited. Commitment. It's simple. You finish what you start.
I can remember growing up in the philosophy of "you finish what you start." This mindset was one that was supported by my parents and grandparents, and siblings even. I don't remember it being said in words so much and I only recall one time hearing one of my siblings get the you-finish-what-you-start-speech, but it was more of an understood.
I can not say, until this day, that this was something I was thankful for.
There were many times I've wanted to quit...tap dancing, softball, soccer, piano lessons, eating all the pears or peaches, finishing college, finishing grad school. Yep, there were many ready to quit moments along the way.
But today, as I think about the finish line and completing a task I've set out to do, commitment is something for which I am thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment