Sunday, December 14, 2008

Balance and Trying New Things

I am passionate about the work that I do--which is a great sign that I've found the right profession, at least for now. But it also makes it challenging to make sure I am finding things to do outside of work and getting away from the routine. From time to time I am able to get in some yoga. I've also rediscovered the hobby of making earrings and greeting cards. Otherwise from time to time, I am able to go to a local coffee shop and enjoy a good book.
I've also been getting involved with the Women's Ministry at my church and have taken the lead on organizing some events. The big thing now is an annual retreat that will happen in March 2009.





I've still got lots on my to-do list like discovering the local Konza Prairie http://www.konza.ksu.edu/general/knzabout.aspx?currMenu=2&depth=0

Any other ideas?

1 comment: