Sunday, December 14, 2008

A bit about 2007 .....and in 2009

A bit about 2007
In October 2007, I visited Andrea, Vi-En and Cameron for Cameron's 2nd birthday, it was lots of fun. We were able to go to Lego Land in Carlsbad where they live. Cameron and I got to build lots of tunnels and play with trains, too.In November, I went to Rochester, MN for our annual regional housing conference and was also able to reconnect with good friends from Purdue, Maggie and Tod.


In 2009
No specific plans for the next year, but I am excited to see where the road of life goes. I plan to stay rooted in Kansas for a while, but hope to get some travels in, too.It would be nice to travel to PA to visit Allen, Stacy, and AJ. And maybe a fun random trip somewhere, too.Lots of new ideas to try at work as we continue to discover how community is built to connect the range of students we have living with us, it is truly the epitome of college life....grad students, undergrads, domestic students, internationals, families, and single student.One of my special projects for the spring is heading up the RA hiring committee, we normally have about 30-40 applicants for about 7-10 positions. Pray that the applicant pool will be talented and hard working!And plenty of room for trying new hobbies or working on old aspirations. Lots of books on my to-read list. A lots of data to gather for my future long term aspirations of having my own business...the question is will it be a coffee shop, creative workshop, or bed and breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment