Sunday, December 14, 2008

Travels

This year has been full of some travels with work and for fun.In February, I traveled with a group from K-state to Oshkosh, WI to help recruit new staff. It looks like I will also be going back in 2009. It is usually a cold trip, but always reminds me of when I first met KSU there.3 trips to Indiana this year happened in May, September, and December. My sister Sara got married to Chris in September and I was happy to be able to go for over a week to spend time with the whole fam. May was super fun to throw a bridal shower for her, too. December will be nice to spend the Christmas holiday with the family.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?collid=37898254211.967608980211.1229229731596&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1&collid_list=37898254211.967608980211.1229229731596:&img_size=5&trans_delay=3000&trans_enabled=true&conn_speed=1&mode=fromshare&Ucollid=37898254211.967608980211&Upost_signin_override_collid=37898254211.967608980211

In June, I made my first trip to Colorado. Sara and Chris drove out to Kansas from Indiana. (They arrived just days after the tornado hit Manhattan, luckily it missed our side of campus, but some housing additions got hit pretty bad.) Then we took I-70 another 6 hours and met up with Chris's sister and family. We were able to hit the Royal Gorge, Denver, and Golden. Then they had a few days back with me in Manhattan before heading home.







Royal Gorge


In July, I made my first trip to "Western Kansas" this is what you think of when you think of flat-Kansas. A former RA got married in Liberal, Kansas. It was a fun 5 hour road trip and was happy to be able to be part of their day, Mr. and Mrs. Shannon and Patricia Beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment